With the end of summer a stone’s throw away, we have to make the most of the crops still in season. One of our favorites is still around: corn.
This recipes combines the vegetable that everyone loves with the dish that everyone loves – and it’s fun to make! Whether you’re cooking for one, two, or a whole family, there is no dish more fun to make from scratch than pizza. Here’s a great recipe for fresh corn and goat cheese pizza:
1 prepared pizza crust
½ cup of Creme Fresh
1 tsp paprika
1 charred and chopped pepper (poblano, jalapeno, habanero – it’s up to you!)
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
1 cup of crumbled goat cheese
1 pack of baby arugula (optional)
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp ground salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 500F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out your pizza crust (make sure it’s fully thawed if you bought a frozen crust) until you’ve reached your desired thickness. Carefully move the crust to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread the creme fresh evenly across the pizza – this will serve as your white sauce.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the creme fresh, then top with the shallots, chopped pepper, corn, goat cheese, salt and pepper.
- Put your pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes – until the top just begins to brown and bubble. Switch your oven on broil and cook the pizza for one more minute. Watch carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Take the pizza out of the oven and top with the arugula and some fresh lemon juice. Slice it how you like and serve hot!